Who we are
Our website address is: http://haringeycommunitypress.co.uk.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS 2018
This policy and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s information. Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and therefore not covered. The GDPR is in force from 25th May 2018.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we will collect basic identification information such as your name and contact details. This will be used for:
- Electronic delivery of emails, newsletters and any other internally generated information relating to the content of the newspaper, and to keep you informed of upcoming editorial meetings, and events.To meet our legal and regulatory obligationsWebsite usage information is collected using cookies.
- We will not sell or share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party.We would like to send you information about the newspaper and associated events that may be of interest to you. We will do so if you have signed up to our mailing list. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us: [email protected] will retain all given information on the following basis:
- Our mailing database is stored on the Cloud via Mailchimp. You may unsubscribe and/or have your details deleted at any time.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use to the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- We have to abide by the law of the land and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies we will comply with any such request.
- You may at any time review or update any personally identifiable information we hold. In the first instance please email [email protected] We will take any reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
- Haringey Community Press reserves the right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law or to improve services to our readers and contributors. The current policy will always remain available on our website: www.tottenhamcommunitypress.co.uk.
Information from WordPress:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.